Monday, June 8, 2009

Panang Curry Chicken Soup

I love Panang curry so when I came across this recipe at The Apartment Kitchen I knew I had to try it asap! It was delicious - warm, comforting, spicy. My favorite element was the cool, creamy avocado slices versus the spiciness of the broth... Yum!!! This one is sure to become a regular!



Inspired by The Apartment Kitchen

1 tbsp olive oil
2 shallots, minced
1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (15 oz) can coconut milk (I used light)
5 cups chicken stock
2 tbsp red curry paste
zest and juice of one lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1 jalapeno, seeded, minced
1 tbsp ginger, minced
2 scallions, very thinly sliced
1 cup mushrooms, thinly sliced
1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 cup bean sprouts
1 cup chicken, very thinly sliced

Garnish:
scallions, thinly sliced
avocado, thinly sliced

In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots, cilantro, and garlic. Cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add the coconut milk and chicken stock, and bring to a simmer. Add the red curry, lime zest, and juice.

In a saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add remaining ingredients (except garnish) and cook until chicken is fully cooked and veggies are cooked but still slightly crisp, about 6 minutes. Add to the broth. Simmer until the mixture has reached desired flavor.

Ladle the soup into large bowls and garnish as desired.

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I didn't know you had a blog!! I'll be following. :)

    ReplyDelete