Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Banc Sushi


Picture curtesy of www.bancsushi.com

Went to Banc Sushi last Friday with a few girl friends. We had made reservations for 6:30 and the place was already half full when we got there and packed by the time we left.

It was my first time going for AYCE and I wasn't too sure what kind of quality and service to expect but I was pleasantly surprised.

We ordered a large selection of items (too many to remember) and most were quite good. My favourites were the Super Salmon Crispy Roll (Spicy salmon, Tempura bits on top of California roll), the Spicy Tuna Roll and the Sweet Potato Tempura (not usually a big fan of tempura but this one was good). Not a big fan on the non tempura/sushi items - I tried the Pan Fried Spicy Beef Udon and the Beef Teriyaki and was underwhelmed by both. My friends raved about the Banana Tempura but I can't say as I didn't try them. I must mention that everything I ate was fresh - no regrets later in the evening.

Service was okay. A few items were forgotten but we reminded them and the items were brought. Ackward moment when a waitress brought us our bills after the second round - uh, no... we're not done... - but I somewhat expected this from other AYCE reviews. Whatever, that didn't deter us! ;)

At $23 + tax and tip, I feel I got my values worth and would go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment