Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime

In the past year and a half I have lost 55 lbs. Unfortunately, 20 have found their way back to me! Lol! Determined not to go down that road again (plus I still have quite a bit of weight to lose), I've renewed my commitment to Weight Watchers!

Yesterday was Day 1 and I kicked off with a recipe from a fantastic blog: Gina's Weight Watchers Recipes. Seriously, Gina is amazing! She comes up with tons of delicious low point recipes; her blog is a treasure trove of inspiration. I have a bunch of her recipes queued for this week's menu: Spaghetti with Sauteed Chicken and Grape Tomatoes, Garlic Lime Marinated Pork Chops, Chipotle's Cilantro Lime Rice, Peruvian Roasted Chicken with Aji Verde... Yum! Whoever said being on a diet makes you feel deprived obviously didn't check out these recipes!

But back to yesterday's recipe. I made Baked Chicken with Dijon and Lime. According to Gina it's inspired by a Paula Deen recipe. (I love Paula but I never thought I'd find something healthy in her cookbook! Proves me wrong!) The chicken was incredibly easy to throw together (espcially since I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs) and the end result was delicious, tangy and fresh! And I had tons of pan juices to pour over the accompanying rice and steamed broccoli (fantastic with steamed broccoli). This recipe will no doubt become a regular!



8 small chicken thighs, skin removed (I used boneless, skinless)
3 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 lime, squeezed, and lime zest
3/4 tsp pepper
salt
dried parsley

Preheat oven to 400°. Rinse the chicken and remove the skin and all fat. Pat dry; place in a large bowl and season generously with salt. In a small bowl combine Dijon, mayonnaise, lime juice, lime zest, garlic and pepper. Mix well. Pour over chicken, tossing well to coat.

Spray a large baking pan with a little Pam to prevent sticking. Place chicken to fit in a single layer. Top the chicken with dried parsley. Bake until cooked through, about 30-35 minutes. Finish the chicken under the broiler until it is golden brown. Serve chicken with the pan juices drizzled over the top.

4.25 points for 2 thighs

No comments:

Post a Comment